The Atlantic Pulmonary and Critical Care Associates, P.A. specializes in the following:
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT): A breathing test that measures how well the lungs expand and function. Requires preparation.
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG): A blood test usually taken from the artery in the wrist and measures the blood oxygen, carbon dioxide bicarbonate and the pH of the body. No preparation is needed.
- Spirometry: A breathing test that measures how well air flows in and out of the lungs. Requires preparation.
- 6 Minute Walk Test: An exercise test done with a pulse ox clip on the finger to detect oxygen levels during activity. No preparation is needed.
- Methacholine Test: An inhaltation test to detect asthma. Requires preparation.
- Bronchoscopy: A procedure which involves a fiberoptic flexible tube with photo capability, which is passed through the mouth or nose to the wind pipe and lungs to examine the airways internally. This is done under intravenous sedation to look for cancer, blockages or infections. Requires preparation.